Tuesday 26 October 2010

November workshop preparations

I am really looking forward to the workshop on November 13th, as I can hardly wait to see all the completed blocks and tops! Don't wory if you're not as far forward as you wanted to be, as you can use the time to complete whatever you need to on the day. Everyone has had a requirements list (if not, email me and I'll send you one) and is hopefully getting organised. The only strange item on the list is two pieces of wood. Here are my pieces (uprights from an IKEA unit) propped against my garage door.

We will use them to wind the fabric round and keep it steady and taut while layering up. This is the best way of layering up a quilt that I know - and the strangest! Some people have requested that I show how to 'quilt as you go' so I will include that too. If you would like to do this, you will need to bring extra fabric for the sashing between the blocks.
For those who don't know where the North Kilworth Village Hall is, here is a map. The hall is a bit tucked away, but there is plenty of car parking and an efficient heating system!

The road along the top is the Lutterworth-Market Harborough Road, and it will take about 8 minutes from the aeroplane roundabout in Lutterworth to get there. For satnavers the postcode is LE17 6EZ.

The next workshop will be on January 15th (I know the weather might be bad, but then again, it might not, so we'll chance it!) and will be a bag day. I will offer a zip up tote bag and a roll-up project bag. Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to Sat.,the first workshop was very inspiring, well led and supportive. Can't wait to put some borders,etc on my quilt
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete